In modern times, few things have more importance than the dollar. Sure their may be other items that enrich peoples lives, but not more than the sacred dollar. Or pound, or shekel, or euro. You get the point. Anyhow, this point should not be overlooked, because even though money can be evil, in a modern country, it is near impossible to survive without money. Sure you can be homeless or live off of someone else. But the items that you need to survive are still most likely being provided by someone else's money. I've come to realize that I've been doing it all wrong. In the constant pursuit for a dollar, I lost my creative edge, and became a pawn in this game of life. Their are a lot of people out there, that see themselves as a real hot shot, or some sort of important person, when in reality, that is a false identity, that is only being held up by the illusion money casts on society. This post in no way is a hippy post here to perpetuate some sort of need for the world to return to no electricity and hunting our food, but to have a inner dialogue with myself. I have many great conversations with myself, that I am very proud of, but unless I am putting these conversations into words on paper or computing device, they end up becoming either lost in my subconscious, or a nagging memory that I can't fully recapture. Its a frustrating cycle, that unfortunately will always be there to some degree, because I simply cannot write continuously without my fingers falling off and my eye balls drying out. This is a post that I am writing to myself and only myself, whether you all like it or not. Actually just writing that sentence gave me a chill of cringe, but I shall write on, because just because something evokes a negative response should not derail where i'm trying to go. The train has left the station, and we may have some rough conditions ahead. But if you can bear with me, we will eventually reach the destination, and I assure you at least half of us will arrive without any serious mental or physical injuries. You see my mind wanders, and in my example today, that means the train may wander. Luckily most trains have tracks which keep them on course. I plan to use my title as those tracks, and my desire to please myself and my readers as another form of safety precaution from us taking a violent derailing into a frozen lake to our unfortunate deaths. But with the right staff inside of my brain, I hopefully can rely on them to make this a safe journey. I see myself as the visionary, at least the part of me I like. The other parts are here only to keep me going and alive. I quarrel with them every day, and command them to give up, but I feel as if I lack control. Now this could easily be used to diagnose me as some sort of psychotic nut, but the truth is, that this is the truest form of over exaggeration, and I can only wish to ever be that disconnected from reality, for my greatest writing could be written in that state. Back to topic at hand, and that is the evil of the pursuit of the dollar. Worse than the pursuit of the flesh, or the pursuit of the fame. When money is seen as a mere part of life, it is fine, but when money is seen as the answer to every problem, I cannot see any scenario with a positive outcome. Now people who seek money to the degree I've described, very often succeed and obtain it, but unfortunately you have to leave your morals and your ethics in the gutters, because to really reach levels of wealth unless by mistake or while chasing another goal, you are most likely obtaining this money through either illegal or immoral ways. Luckily I live among some of the most wretched money seeking bloodsuckers here in south Florida. But again that is a treat in some ways, because who doesn't enjoy living in a paradise surrounded by people that belong in hell. The post about south Florida should definitely be saved for another time, because good lord do I have content to write about that. How does a specific area cultivate such filth. I believe its due to....OK I seriously need to stop. Anyways, Life is about the pursuit of something, for some people its love, for some people its happiness, for some its health, for some its fame, for some its family, for some its death. Yes that's right, some people are in pursuit of death. Because in death their is peace. If you're religious your views may be different, but I am of the belief when you die you're dead. But I cant lie due to my belief into the possibility of this world being a computer simulation, one can only imagine the actual possibilities, and actually in that scenario, it would be a waste to throw away an entire conscious which would have been some sort of code with all my interests, personality traits, life experiences, etc. In this world, it is necessary to have variety, and with that variety comes rich people, poor people, good people, bad people, attractive people, ugly people, tall people, short people, and so on. And their will most likely always be horrible people that will make it their life purpose to make as much money as they can while screwing over as many people as possible. Many of these people start out as decent people, but become wrapped up in greed and expensive bills they must pay, while others know what they are doing from the beginning, and enjoy screwing over every person they can, and profiting off of this sickness we call success. People are being tricked every day, and the people lose their entire livelihoods due to these bloodsucking money hungry vultures. Be careful world, be very careful
One day if I can ever penetrate the field of writing, and gain some sort of popularity, their will come a time where I will need to make a decision. Do I continue to publish my confusing, borderline sloppy articles, or do I get myself a full service editor, to turn my rants into a professional piece of art. The problem is, I view my confusing ramblings as a much more pure artistic art form than say a newspaper article, or some sort of scholarly article. I mean to be fair my field of expertise is creative writing, and my creativity comes from my somewhat deranged mind. Sure I have written many mainstream, uncontroversial articles that have received high praise, but to think that I would consider myself anything more than a struggling artist would a stretch. My art is to make the reader think about something; anything. I just want to evoke some sort of response. My largest goal is to create an entire shift in someones thinking, and to actually change a person at their very core. I believ...
Comments
Post a Comment