One day if I can ever penetrate the field of writing, and gain some sort of popularity, their will come a time where I will need to make a decision. Do I continue to publish my confusing, borderline sloppy articles, or do I get myself a full service editor, to turn my rants into a professional piece of art. The problem is, I view my confusing ramblings as a much more pure artistic art form than say a newspaper article, or some sort of scholarly article. I mean to be fair my field of expertise is creative writing, and my creativity comes from my somewhat deranged mind. Sure I have written many mainstream, uncontroversial articles that have received high praise, but to think that I would consider myself anything more than a struggling artist would a stretch. My art is to make the reader think about something; anything. I just want to evoke some sort of response. My largest goal is to create an entire shift in someones thinking, and to actually change a person at their very core. I believe if you can not only hypnotize the reader with writing that connects with them on a spiritual level, but that also presents issues and stories in a way that most other writers are not willing to present to the public, I can create a shift in someone that would be felt for the rest of their life. Now I know that to achieve this is an extraordinary feat, and something like that can not just be expected, but at the same time I see it as such a possibility. Their are so many people that have had their lives switched upside down due to a compelling book or story. Messages that stay with the reader for the rest of their life. I believe some writers do this on purpose, while some writers accidentally shift someones life due to presenting a reality that is so attractive to them, that they no longer can accept their own reality as where they belong. A fantasy world that is presented, can bring someone from a horrible life they live to a wonderful magical land, like say harry potter. Literally the story of Harry Potter to be honest. But how I plan to accomplish that feat is not through the telling of some sort of world of magic and mystique, but through introducing alternative views that are often missed by the average person. I want to believe that my viewers are not the average viewer, because I believe that things happen for a reason, and if you are reading this, I am of the utmost belief that you are special and are reading this for a purpose.
Now I must explain the title for a brief period. You see, I myself have always felt a certain freedom and comfort in being alone. I feel I can be myself, I can be honest with who and what I am, and I don't feel the need to please others or make myself appear as if i'm something i'm not. The thought of staying in my room with the proper materials and setting, has always gave me a sense of comfort unlike any other comforts, only matched by sitting by the beach on a beautiful day. Writing has always been a great stress reliever for me, and whether it was writing lists, or writing my feelings, I have found great comfort in exiting my feelings and emotions onto paper or computer. I've long said that some of my thoughts at periods of my life are unfortunately not suitable for paper or computer, due to their controversial nature, but I feel as I improve as a writer, I will be able to incorporate these thoughts and emotions in an appropriate way that I feel comfortable sharing them. It would be a real shame to live my life without contributing my thoughts to the world. I hope my audience grows, and I hope my desire to share opens wider with every new reader. Have a wonderful day and goodbye for now
Comments
Post a Comment